POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Updated diamond : Re: Updated diamond Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated diamond
From: Richard Dault
Date: 8 Jun 2000 16:30:23
Message: <3940025f$2@news.povray.org>
> >  Thought about using area lights yet? <ducking for
> > cover>
>
> BOOM! <catchiiing>
> Damn, I missed.

I thought about it.  Maybe what we can do is once we are all happy with the
diamond, we can setup an area light then whoever is interested can render a
piece of it.  The majority of the time will be spent on the render, not the
pre-processing, so the parallelism should save us some time.  We could also
be daring and attempt to have more than one diamond.  :)

I have two computers at work that can render overnight.